Thursday, May 29, 2008

Touching Down

We arrived in Phoenix, AZ on Sunday; My first time on American soil since April of last year. Two things struck me; 1, how convenient and easy everything is and 2, how many really big box stores there are! We stayed with a couple we met on couchsurfing.com , who spoiled us with wonderful hospitality and spent two days car shopping. On the third day, we hit the open road in a 1998 Honda CRV, which should get us reliably to Alaska. I will continue to post photos of the road trip as we make our way to Alaska, and then, because I have really enjoyed blogging, I will start writing about life in Alaska on my new Alaska blog,

alaskaroadweed.blogspot.com

I will continue to update here, too, as we travel in the future and as I think of stories from past trips I don't want to forget. Our next trip planned is in November. My whole family will spend 21 days on a private raft trip down the Grand Canyon.

This is America: The wide open road



Sometimes you just gotta wear shades. A man with his dog and his truck in Utah.



Utah cliff and mountain views. Utah is my favorite lower 48 state.

No comments: