Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Golden Arches

It was 4:30 am and we were in between flights at the Lima airport when I saw them. . . The Golden Arches! And despite the fact that I have not eaten at Mc Donald's for more years then I can count, and I really hate fast food, I immediately began salivating. Buttermilk pancakes! Orange juice not watered down to the consistency of Tang! Egg Mc Muffin! Coffee in a cup bigger than the size of a thimble! A good old American breakfast! $12.00 later and. . . Ba da da dada!

One thing I just can't get used to traveling is the breakfast. Dog meat, Alpaca, Manioc, etc., it's all good for lunch. Or dinner. But, for God's sakes, not breakfast. Really, we were served wieners and french fries one morning. Who can eat that at 8:00 am in the morning?

Ba da da dada! I'm lovin' it!

No comments: